Local officials joined by Governor Steve Beshear, broke ground Wednesday to begin construction of the Blankenbaker Parkway extension. The extension has four driving lanes, a raised median, curb and gutters, sidewalks, and noise walls on both sides of the roadway. Qk4 was the design engineering consultant for the Kentucky Transportation Cabinet, below are a few of the services Qk4 provided for the Blankenbaker Extension project:
- Roadway Design: Blankenbaker Parkway and Taylorsville Road.
- Storm Sewer Design: Hydrologic and hydraulic design of a 60′ single span bridge and 6’x4′ Reinforced Concrete Box Culvert (RCBC), ditch design, and erosion control plans.
- Environmental Approval: Categorical Exclusion
- Structural: Design for the 60′ single span bridge, 6’x4′ RCBC, and noise walls.
- Traffic: Maintenance of traffic plans.